>>>> 2020 SUMMER MUSIC CONCERTS & AWARD CEREMONY PARTICIPATION FORM <<<<
Dear Parents and Students,
Our Summer Concerts and Award Ceremonies will be held as follows:
River Ridge Campus: Saturday, August 29, at Victory Fellowship - 5708 Airline Drive in Metairie.
Covington & Mandeville Campuses: Saturday-Sunday, August 8-9 at Fuhrmann Auditorium, 317 N. Jefferson St, Covington.
More details will be made available closer to the recital date. Please keep both days open as we will have multiple concerts from 8 AM through 8 PM (Saturday) and 12 PM-9 PM (Sunday). Your concert date and assignment will be announced in late July. All students are asked to sign-up online at www.laapa.com/music-recital no later than 6/13/2020. Any student not returning the form by 6/13 will be unable to participate. We are unable to make any exceptions to this deadline.
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION:
- All music students will be assigned one solo.
- All music students are invited to participate in an ensemble performance (duet, etc.). Students must be available to spend additional time practicing with duet partner either in your homes or at each other's lessons. Please let your teacher know if you are interested in playing a duet or performing in an ensemble.
- Also, all music students are invited to write and perform original compositions. The piece must be written correctly on staff paper and performed at the concert in order to participate. Student compositions will be judged by members of our faculty for composition awards. (All student composers will receive an award of some type!) You may ask for your teacher's help in writing the composition. This must be completed by July 13th (completely written on staff paper).
- Each selection performed must be no more than 2 minutes in length. (Performances must be cut to 2 minutes if they are over 2 minutes.)
- Instrumental and vocal students (voice, guitar, strings, wind, brass, etc.) will require accompanists. The accompanist fee is $35 and will provide students with 30 minutes of rehearsal time with the accompanist (or their instructor within the lesson) in addition to the performance on the day of the concert. Should any parent/student feel that more time is needed with the accompanist, additional private accompanist sessions are available at $35 per 30 minute session and may be booked at the Front Desk.
Signing up for the recital is a fantastic opportunity, but it's also a commitment to be taken seriously! All solos and original compositions must be memorized and be completely ready for performance no later than August, 2020.
During the last two weeks of July, all student recital participants will be required to complete a formal rehearsal during their regular lesson. At that time your teacher will either 1.) fully approve your performance, 2.) approve conditionally (requires scheduling additional rehearsal with the office), or 3.) recommending that the student wait until the next recital for the best on stage experience.
Please note that only students who are fully prepared will be allowed to perform. No exceptions will be made as students will NOT be allowed to use their music for solo performances at the recital. Students may use their music for duets/ensembles/accompanying other students.
Many awards will be presented at each program based on the number of years students have been taking lessons at LAAPA. Every student who is performing will be recognized for his/her time of study and accomplishments. Students who compose and score their own music and/or who participated in LAAPAFEST will additionally be recognized in those award categories.
TICKETS are available for purchase NOW through June 30 at an early bird rate. For River Ridge - purchase at: musictxss.laapa.com and Northshore purchase at: musictxns.laapa.com. Please be sure to select the correct school campus! After June 30, tickets will be available at the standard pre-door rates. Please keep in mind that purchasing your tickets ahead of the door will be the most economical option! PLEASE NOTE: All tickets issued will be in digital format. You or someone you know will need a valid email address and smartphone or printer to redeem them at the door.
Student performers do not need a ticket.
PHOTOS / VIDEO:
We will be taking LIVE ACTION SHOTS that will be available for digital download and purchase. We will also be offering photos on the Red carpet an on stage before and after the concerts as time permits! We will also be offering HD video recordings of each performer as digital downloads available for purchase.
Live Video Streaming will also be provided via our website for all of our music recitals at http://www.laapa.com/live. Please realize that our Live Stream is a BEST EFFORT as we are limited to the quality of the venue's Internet Connection. Be sure to share this link with your distant family and friends!
ALL STUDENTS WHO WISH TO PARTICIPATE MUST COMPLETE THE PARTICIPATION FORM ONLINE BY June 13.